People use self storage for storing seasonal items all the time. When the temperature starts to drop as summer gives way to fall, there are many items that are put away until warm weather returns again in the spring. Instead of loading up closets and your garage with these items, get them completely out of the way by using self storage. Here are some items that many people place into storage during the fall:
- Weed whacker
- Hedge trimmer
- Gardening tools
- Summer clothing
- Patio furniture
- Pool accessories
- Watersport vehicles
- Clean all parts of the grill of food and grease.
- Spraying a light layer of oil can winterize it and prevent condensation from causing rust.
- Bleed the gas line and remove propane tanks before storage. Keep flammable liquids somewhere safe, cool, and dry.
- We keep our storage units pest free with preventative measures. Keeping food out of your storage unit will aid in the process of pest free storage.
- After a long season of gardening, sharpen blades and fix any broken or splintering handles.
- If the tools are past their prime, replace them before the next season.
- Take spark plugs off and put the battery on a tender. Bring the battery with you, so you can monitor its charging.
- When storing the lawn mower, remove gas. This flammable liquid is not allowed in storage units or in gas powered tools.